Yes we do.
Ironically this is the most frequently asked question from hairdressers. Training apprentices is the larger part of what we do. We offer the off the job component of apprentice training from Monday through to Thursday.
We are a private registered Training Organisation that offers SIH20111: Certificate II in Hairdressing and SIH30111 : Certificate III in Hairdressing via an apprenticeship and institutional pathway As a boutique RTO we offer the same training in a more personalised environment with industry based trainers.
We train on mannequins for a small part of the student training, for the rest we have a fully functioning student salon where clients can book in as they would in a regular salon and have any of their services carried out in a supervised environment. The teaching staff is made up of our senior creative directors that all currently work in our professional salons around Adelaide
We currently have SIH20111 : Certificate II in Hairdressing available for VET in School students. This course is run over two (2) semesters at 1 day a week. To enrol students will need to go through their individual schools VET coordinator
RTO transfer is a simple process, by calling the academy we can arrange a transfer and handle all the paperwork for you including RPL and Credit transfer of units already completed at another RTO.
We use Loreal and Matrix.
- Advance cutting/colouring look & learn and workshops
- Styling workshops
- Leadership seminars
- Fundamental boot camp cutting work shops
- Photographic work shops
- Trend forecasting
- Salon support program ( a calendar of events that are complimentary for all the apprentices we train as well as all of the staff from their salons
Everyone benefits from the trainees, salon team members, managers and owners.
- We offer an exclusive Support Training Program to our salons that trust us with their apprentices.
- We hold industry engaging activities such as parlour hair academy creative guest artists show and young guns events throughout the year that gives many stylists the opportunity and a platform to share with others.
- Opportunity to fast track apprentices so you have them back in your salons sooner.
- Exceptional teachers that work in our salons that are fashion and salon relevant.
- We are constantly up skilling and active in areas such as fashion events, photographic work and competitions as well as local charitable community events
- We have a self paced learning program with smaller classrooms. This allows a learner to have the flexibility to spend longer on a particular unit with feeling the pressure of falling behind as well as fast tracking through units where they already may have the skills and competencies required for that unit.
Enrolment is simple, by contacting the academy we can set up an interview and discuss your individual needs as a learner and supply you with all the necessary paperwork to commence your studies.
For salon owners, when you have signed up your apprentice with an apprenticeship broker and nominated us as your preferred training provider the contract will appear on our system and we will contact you to begin the enrolment process.
for apprentices the training duration is 1010 hours which can range from 1.5 years to 2.5 years depending on any RPL you may have from previous RTO'S. for full time institutional students we have the flexibility of tailoring your training to your individual needs e.g. 13 months at 5 days , 16 months at 4 days and 19 months at 3 days per week.